Resolve to become a company creating value
- Creates business and capital partnership with Tomen.
- Founds Toyota Jamaica Ltd. (Jamaica) as direct Toyota automobile retailer.
- Concludes business partnership agreement with Kimura Unity.
- Becomes ISO 14001 certified.
- Gains Tomen's steel-related subsidiary, Oriental Kogyo, and Kanto Coil Center.
- Founds joint venture company Care Port Japan, which settles caregiving payments.
- Appoints Masaaki Furukawa president & CEO.
- Newly buys Tomen-owned shares in electronic component seller Shanghai Hongri.
- Toyotsu Logistics completes its Anjo Sales Office Device Logistics Center.
- Gains Tomen's nonferrous metal business.
- Gains Nichimen's Daihatsu-related business.
- Founds Toyotsu Electronics.
- Receives third-party allocation of shares from Tomen.
- Buys Toyota Lexus dealerships Jemca and McCarthy in U.K.
- Begins equity participation in Tomen Petroleum (S) Pte. Ltd., and renames it Tomen Toyota Tsusho Petroleum.
- Founds Hangzhou Kobelco Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. (China).
- Provides disaster relief to victims of Indian Ocean earthquake (Sumatra-Andaman earthquake) and tsunami.
- Toyotsu New Pack moves headquarters and factory to Miyoshi-cho, Aichi.
- Toyotsu Logistics completes Miyoshi Logistics Center.
- Appoints Junzo Shimizu president & CEO.
- Concludes merger contract with Tomen.
- Changes number of stocks per unit from 1,000 to 100.
- One year after merger with Tomen, number of shareholders increases by six times.
- Concludes business and capital partnership contract with Fukuske.
- Founds Green Metals UK, Ltd. (U.K.).
- Founds Hokkaido Smelting Technology.
- Participates in Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) IV.
- Concludes MoU on mutual cooperation in infrastructure and energy with Kazakhstan.
- Founds agricultural corporation Vegi-Dream Kurihara.
- Founds Toyota Tsusho Vietnam Company Limited (Vietnam).
- Merges Tomen Chemical, Tomen Plastics, and Toyotsu Plachem to found Toyotsu Chemiplas.
- Acquires additional shares from Fukuske, and makes it subsidiary.
- Toyotsu Syscom completes Techno Center.
- President & CEO Junzo Shimizu becomes Kazakhstan's honorary consul in Nagoya.
- Toyotsu Machinery, Toyotsu SK, and DICO merge, changing consolidated company name to Toyotsu Machinery.
- Founds Toyotsu Techno.
- Donates 100 million yen to victims of Great East Japan Earthquake.
- Provides 10 thousand pieces of bread made by First Baking as relief.
- Appoints Jun Karube president & CEO.
- Toyota Tsusho takes part in planning of event featuring Toyota SUV's drive off production line in Egypt.
- Buys 97% of shares in France's CFAO.
- Enters Indonesia's hotel residence business.
- President & CEO Jun Karube becomes Republic of Kenya's honorary consul in Nagoya.
- Transfers 67% of Chubu Syokuryo's authorized shares to Kokubu.
- Appoints two women as outside directors (members of board) as first appointment of non-male directors.
- Concludes promotion of fishery business memorandum of understanding with Kinki University, and becomes first in world to artificially produce Pacific bluefin tuna hatchlings on large scale.
- Holds opening ceremony for Toyota Kenya Academy.
- Buys Brazil's grain infrastructure business company Novaagri.
- Completes Olkaria Geothermal Power Plant in Kenya.
- Begins first Japanese technopark business in Cambodia.
- Record extraordinary loss of approximate sum of 14 billion yen through investment in European recycle business company.
- Corporately owned basketball team, Fighting Eagles Nagoya, goes professional.
- Lowers full-year consolidated projection to minus 35 billion yen.
- Concludes letter of intent for comprehensive collaboration with France's Bollore Group.
- Fiscal year ending March 31, 2016 results in 44 billion yen loss, making first deficit since fiscal year ending March 31, 2000.
- Participates in TICAD VI.
- Makes France's CFAO full subsidiary.
- Founds NEXTY Electronics.
- Net income comes to record all time high of 107.9 billion yen.
- Fully opens Global Gate in Nagoya's Sasashima 24 district.
- Begins export of completely farmed "Kindai Tuna."