Metamorphosis into an integrated corporation
- Founds Toyota Tsusho Mining Australia (Australia).
- Appoints Keiji Nogami president & CEO
- Exceeds total of 1.4 million exported automobiles since establishment of Automobile Department.
- Founds joint venture company Watchman.
- Becomes clearing member of LME (London Metal Exchange).
- Founds Indus Motor Company (Pakistan).
- Founds Toyota Tsusho Astra Exports (Indonesia).
- Establishes first Toyota Authorized Service Station in Soviet Union.
- Founds joint venture company Toyota de Angola Sarl (Angola).
- Establishes new company logo and logotype.
- Founds Toyota Motor Hungary (Hungary) through a joint venture with Toyota.
- Founds Toyota Tsusho Praha (Czechoslovakia).
- Founds OYL Steel Center (Malaysia) through a joint venture with OYL.
- Founds Shenyang Sanyo Air Conditioning, Ltd. (China) through joint venture with Sanyo Electric.
- TTTC (Thailand) achieves accumulative sale of 5,000 Toyota forklifts.
- Establishes offices in four central Asian countries of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Turkmenistan.
- Founds Hefei Sanyo Washing Machines, Ltd. (China) through joint venture with Sanyo Electric.
- Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology completed by 13 Toyota Group companies.
- Founds Toyota Tsusho (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (China).
- Founds Tianjin Toyota Steel Center (China).
- Appoints Eizo Takeyama president & CEO.
- Founds TTAS (Myanmar).
- Toyotsu Finance deals with loss of 38.5 billion yen.
- Founds Missouri Smelting Technology (U.S.).
- Founds Harbin Toyota Hirotoyo Service, Ltd. (China).
- Founds Toyota Tsusho (Tianjin) Co., Ltd. (China).
- Establishes Bangalore Overseas Office (India).
- Founds Toyota Tsusho (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd. (China).
- President & CEO Eizo Takeyama becomes Nicaragua's honorary consul.
- Makes Watchman subsidiary.
- Holds celebration for 50th year anniversary of Toyota Tsusho's foundation.
- Founds Toyotsu Nonferrous Center.
- Becomes sole agent in Japan for 3D printers made by Z Corporation of U.S.
- Founds Toyotsu Nonferrous Sales.
- Creates a business partnership with Kasho.
- Appoints Hiroshi Chiwa president & CEO.