Toyota Tsusho Supplies Biofuel to Bulk Carrier at the Port of Kobe
- Machinery, Energy & Project
Biofuel was supplied to SUNRISE SERENITY using ship-to-ship bunkering*. Toyota Tsusho, in cooperation with Daiseki Eco. Solution Co., Ltd., is continuing to procure waste cooking oil collected from the employee cafeterias and other facilities of the Toyota Group and Toyota Tsusho Group companies, which is then refined as part of the raw materials and blended with heavy oil to produce the biofuel.
At the 80th session of the Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC 80) of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) held in July this year, the "IMO Strategy on Reduction of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions" adopted in 2018 was revised to "reach net-zero GHG emissions from international shipping by 2050," and this supply solution by Toyota Tsusho will help reduce emissions to achieve this.
The Toyota Tsusho Group will continue to contribute toward the transition to a carbon neutral society by accelerating businesses contributing to the reduction of GHG through the industrial life cycle and promoting initiatives toward carbon neutrality, so as to pass on a better global environment to the children of the future.
SUNRISE SERENITY receiving biofuel supply
* Ship-to-ship bunkering A method of fueling a ship moored at a quay or pier and a ship alongside by a fuel supply ship sideways
<Our Efforts So Far>
- May 10, 2023: Toyota Tsusho Launches Japan's First Continuous Supply of Biofuel for Ships on a Commercial Basis
- September 12, 2022: Toyota Tsusho Supplies Biodiesel Fuel to Car Carriers at the Port of Nagoya
- April 19, 2022: Toyota Tsusho Performs First Trial in Japan to Supply Biodiesel Fuel to Ships at the Port of Nagoya
- June 29, 2021: Toyota Tsusho Performs First Trial in Singapore to Sell and Supply Biodiesel Fuel to NYK Line's Oceangoing Vessel
- April 22, 2021: TTC to Conduct Supply and Operation Trial, a First in Singapore, in Anticipation of Regular Use of Biodiesel Fuel for Ships
The information in this release is current as of the date of announcement.
Please note that information may change after the date of announcement. Thank you in advance for your understanding.