Toyota Tsusho's history dates back to 1936 and the establishment of Toyoda Kinyu Kaisha to provide sales financing for Toyota automobiles. In 1942, Toyoda Kinyu also commenced securities holdings for Toyota stock, and then expanded into the trade field three years later. The company was dissolved after holdings companies were prohibited by the second zaibatsu designation. The successor company, Nisshin Tsusho Kaisha Ltd., was established in 1948 and evolved into today's Toyota Tsusho Corporation.
In the 1960 and 1970s, we began establishing overseas subsidiaries and offices outside Japan and initiated the first exports of finished Toyota automobiles to the Dominican Republic. In the 1980s and 1990s, we globalized production-related businesses in tandem with the overseas expansion of Toyota Group companies. We merged with the trading companies Kasho in 2000 and Tomen in 2006 to strengthen non-automotive business fields. As the Toyota Group's sole trading company, we continued to grow around our core automotive business by widening our business fields and customer base to encompass infrastructure, chemicals, and food. In 2012, we made a capital investment in CFAO, a French automotive and pharmaceutical trading company focused on Africa. This and other investments are accelerating our business development to ensure sustainable growth for the future.